Pages

July 17, 2007

Just Some Thoughts and Ramblings

Happy July 17th everyone! I just finished up reading some of my favorite blogs... I guess summertime is the season for alot (especially me) of us to kinda sit back and take a break from posting any real substance.
Jim and I have been adjusting to my new (seemingly changing constantly) schedule. I was supposed to have Sunday and Monday off (remember Jim is off Sat/Sun/Mon), but was asked to cover for my fellow Ops Manager (in the Richmond store) on Saturday and Sunday. The store in the west end of Richmond was extremely busy on Saturday and was short-staffed in the office, so I spent most of my time in Customer Service assisting. After leaving, and trying to unwind during the hour-long drive home, I arrived at our neighbors' home to find a scene that would put most of the gay clubs in Richmond, to shame. I knew that Jim and a friend of ours and his new boyfriend were there sitting around the pool, partaking in liquid spirits. What I didn't know is that a drama had unfolded with a mutual friend of ours and the neighbors. I think everyone had too much to drink, and nothing to eat, sitting in the sun most of the afternoon. Without getting into the details, the only talking going on, was at high decibels, punctuated with flailing arms and rolling eyes (and this was just the straight people). I found myself a Miller Lite and our friend (and his new man) quietly (confused) sitting out by the pool and attempted to stay out of the theatrics floating around the rest of the house... Sunday was a lot less hectic, both at work and at home. Jim and I spent a quiet evening at home after I got done with my day in Richmond.
Yesterday we spent the morning mowing, clipping, edging, and pruning. Then cleaned out and reorganized the garage. We took a shower and headed over to our favorite Mexican Restaurant for a late lunch, after which we came home, curled up on the sofa, and watched all the new Lifetime shows we had recorded from Sunday night. I am off again today (in place of my previously scheduled Sunday) and have a small list of things I'd like to get accomplished. Afterwards, I will probably head for the neighbors' pool with my current read "Michael Tolliver Lives" and a cooler of Rock Green Light...
Over and "Out" for now, from my neck of the woods in Toano, VA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: