Pages

November 28, 2006

What a Weekend!

Thanksgiving is over, Black Friday and the weekend that followed was as busy as the management team at Value City Furniture, in Newport News, VA promised. The store had an all time record day on Friday, and yours truly was the #1 writer (written sales) for the day!

There was an article in the Virginian Pilot about the 1,500 people waiting to get into the Best Buy store (at 5:00am) that is adjacent to ours. 1,500 people? The line wrapped around the building and the walkways were all covered with remnants of their chilly wait; Coffee and hot chocolate splattered, chunks of foreign debris (that I don't want to know what it actually was), cups, gum, and other tracks of smeared substances unknown to mortal men. When I arrived at 7:30am there was no one in line, just the mess they left behind... Yuck...

Saturday was not as busy, but we remained steady through Sunday. Yesterday things eased up quite a bit and we (on my sales team) were all counting down the hours until 3:00pm.

I am off for the next two days and have a few things to accomplish that Jim wasn't able to get done on his days off. I hate not having time off together, but we do seem to get more things done in tandem than we do when we are both home.

While reading my favorite blogs, I ran across a post in one of them that referred to a new show on ABC called "Ugly Betty". I went to the ABC website and watched the last episode and totally agree that this show has the potential to become the next "Will and Grace". While the lead character is not a gay man, the supporting cast includes a "Jack-like" assistant and a young gay nephew, not to mention an awesome ensemble of regular faces. I will definitely be tuning in to see the next one...

I guess I should have posted this in chapters, as I have not maintained any semblance of order, sorry folks... I still have a lot on my mind, and 3 cups of coffee in me (I promise not to leave any trash on the sidewalk)...

Over and "Out" for now, from leafless Toano, VA

2 comments:

Jimmi said...

Foreign debris and smeared substances???? WTF is up out there?

Maddog said...

Glad you made it through the weekend and that business was good. I never go near shopping the weekend after Thanksgiving. Not for all the money in the world.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: