Pages

July 8, 2009

Milk... and other tidbits


Okay, I am a bad boy... I missed the opening, complete theatrical run, and closing of "Milk" when it was playing on the big screen...



Michael and I rented it on Monday evening and it was AWESOME. While I still have to "splain" things to Michael sometimes, I think he got the "gist" of what the story being told in this movie, and what the man were all about (I am still answering some of his questions two days later).

As for the 4th happenings in our neck of the woods... We both worked the entire weekend of the 4th. Michael donated his time to volunteer for a Susan G. Komen "for the cure" fundraiser my store had set up, and I dealt with my "intelligence challenged" staff... We did close early on Saturday, so we were going to take the ferry over to Norfolk to watch the fireworks and see all the "tall ships" (in town for the annual "Harborfest" event). We tried to find parking near one of the two ferry stops in downtown Portsmouth to no avail, so decided to find somewhere else to go to have dinner and watch the festivities. We found a wonderful little neighborhood restaurant-bar-marina, right on the river, about 1/2 mile from our house and settled in for some merriment.

Yesterday we were both off. Since we leave this weekend for Florida, there were many little things that needed to be done around here, from laundry to hedge trimming, and errands we got it all done and were both exhausted by the end of the day.

It's back to work for three more days then vacation mode kicks in! I can hardly wait...

Over and "Out" for today, from Portsmouth VA

2 comments:

Java said...

I have yet to see Milk. The sad thing about that is that I actually HAVE the movie! I ordered it, it came, and I put it in my book tote. I think it's still there. I want to watch it, but I know it's going to be intense. I wasn't ready to handle "intense" when it arrived, and I keep either forgetting to watch it, or being too busy with homework and stuff. I'm glad you reminded me about it.

In Portsmouth, are you still considered to be in the Hampton Roads area?

Hope you and Michael have a great vacation.

manxxman said...

Have a great time on holiday.....sit back and relax. Hopefully you'll have a few holiday pics to share with us.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: