Pages

August 3, 2010

So let it be written, So let it be done...


It feels great to have this work issue behind me...  I will be staying in my current location, in my current capacity, with my current salary...

Had a great dialog with our Regional Manager yesterday, we both cleared up some things that had been preventing us from having more relaxed, informative conversation...  Weird how a couple of mis-understandings can spiral over the years into category 5 hurricanes...  We both offered explanations and apologies to each other and committed ourselves to be more forthright in the future...

So our new relationship begins...

Thanks for all the support everyone@!

Over and "Out" from Portsmouth, VA

7 comments:

Ron said...

Talking it out is always the best solution to resolution. A few months ago my part-time job posted in the local newspaper. I was understandably upset. A very good friend suggested that I talk to my boss and tell him of my concerns. I was nervous but I requested a meeting. We talked and resolved our differences and cleared up some misunderstandings. I am still working and my boss seems to be satisfied with my performance. One thing is certain, he has more respect for me now. Even if my job situation turned out differently and I lost my job, at least I would know why I lost my job. "Talking it out" is always the best way to go so everyone understands where they're coming from. I'm very glad your situation was resolved in your favor. I wish you continued success in your job and your relationship with the people you work for.

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

Thanks Ron

TwoLives said...

I am so glad everything worked out perfectly. Would you have guessed you'd have this resolution only a few days ago?

Maybe it's time to test your good fortune by buying a few lottery tickets.

the cajun said...

Honesty - being who we are is never a mistake. You're good at your job and they knew that, but now you've cleared the air about who YOU are, as well. Breathing space permitted.

Be true to yourself and who you are and they can never defeat you, though they may win a tiny battle, the bigots always trip up on their own rhetoric.

Take heart, my friend. You are being acknowledged for the quality of your work and your performance of the duties assigned to you. The truth is yours.

I am happy for you.
Cheers!

Rick Bettencourt said...

Glad you worked things out.

Paul Brads said...

Glad it's all worked out..once bitten, twice shy...I've been there, and from time to time, I feel like I'm there.

UP

manxxman said...

It's a relief to know that you won't be having to travel hours each day just to keep your job. Progress.....

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: