Pages

September 13, 2010

United 93... The one that got away...



I watched this film last night for the first time.  I felt it an apt end to the 9/11 weekend and my work week.  I have to tell you, I was tired when I got home at 9:30, but this movie kept me engaged until it's well known climax at Midnight... As soon as we got comfy in bed to watch this, I heard the little snarling noises coming from Michael's side of the bed and knew he was out...  It's usually the other way around. Michael can not fall to sleep with the TV on, yet for me it's like a mild sleeping pill. Once my body goes horizontal I am usually out like a light... After watching this last night it took me another 45 minutes or so (due to my brain still remembering that day), to fall asleep.

Anyone that feels a need to relive the date, the probable experiences of the heroes on that flight, and the chaos and frustration the FAA, Military, and Air Traffic Controllers had, must see this picture...  It was very intense...


Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...  Michael and I are enjoying our mid-week weekend (we are both off today and tomorrow).  I go back to work Thursday and Friday, then head up to Richmond on Saturday (my 55th) to see my youngest and only daughter, then meet up with Michael on Sunday to head over to Kelly's (and Jeff's) wedding reception.  It should be a jam packed weekend...

Time to head to the grocery for some essentials, then start some laundry (I know, how domestic huh?)...

Over and "Out" from my little world, in Portsmouth, VA

ps: I changed the post date on this to yesterday...  just for fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: