Pages

October 4, 2010

Welcome to MY-YAM-EEE (Miami):...


It's hard to believe that I called South Florida and Miami home (on and off) for 30 years...  What's even more difficult to believe is that Miami, (Miami-Dade County), continues to develop and sprawl out towards the everglades. Where once stood U-Pick tomato and strawberry fields, now stand Condos, Strip Malls, Wal-Marts, and the lot...  North Kendall Drive (SW 88th Street), which was once difficult to navigate, now has another lane with twice as many cars trying to claim passage...

Someone recently asked me if I would ever move back to Miami...   I have a standard response for those people...  "ONLY TO VISIT"...  The area is multi-cultural and a great place to spend a few days to absorb the sights and sounds.  But after that, I prefer a smaller town/city to a big one.  I will never complain about traffic in Virginia again...

Over and "Out" from Sunny MY-YAM-EEE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: