Pages

August 3, 2015

Countdown to 60 - Part 7



What's not to LOVE about these two? My youngest child (Savannah) with my man (Jeff) hamming it up at a Sunday Drag Brunch at Godfrey's here in the RVA...

I have been a bit hesitant about posting anything about Jeff on Facebook or in here. We both agreed to take things slowly when we started dating back in March and the last thing I wanted to do was jinx things or say something that might ruin what we were building. I had overwhelmingly positive feelings about him by mid May and just felt it necessary to keep my feelings to myself as he had a really bad experience last year and just wanted to keep things simple...

During June I started expressing the way I felt towards him in an apologetic way (since the "lusty" part of our dating experience should have subsided by then). He finally told me to stop with the apologies, that he understood, yet just wasn't ready to share the same feelings. For a moment I thought I had really "screwed the pooch" (aka: messed things up)...

We have spent the past few weekends at his place (he has 2 dogs and a cat to care for so it only seemed the obvious choice). Usually we make dinner for each other and snuggle/cuddle with or without the dogs watching a DVD on Friday, sit on his awesome porch in the country with our coffee on Saturday morning, run errands and or do some chores around the house during the day, repeat with dinner and TV Saturday night, coffee on the porch Sunday morning and then church together before parting ways for the week... (intimate times are intentionally not included in this post)...

Fast forward to this past weekend...

Friday went as it usually does, as did Saturday morning and day. Saturday night we were watching TV curled up on the sofa when he told me he had to show me something... He grabbed his tablet and signed on to Facebook. He went to his Life Events and entered "In a relationship with Tom Rimington"... You could have knocked me over with a feather...

I'm not sure what happened during the past week (and really don't need or want an explanation) but it seems that we are both finally on the same page, and willing to voice our feelings about and to each other, in our relationship...

Remember my last post? Top of the bucket list? I am in love with this man and I am optimistic as to where things with us may go in the future. I am just not sure I am "worthy" of him. He is truly one of the most attractive (physically, intellectually, and morally) men I have ever met...

Over, "Out" and smitten in love, from Richmond, VA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: