Pages

April 16, 2006


Happy Easter and Passover Everyone...

I had a great time at the Strawberry Hill Races out at Colonial Downs yesterday... We (my new friend and I) ended up in a skybox with the Irish American group... It was nice to have our own bathroom, and place to put our cooler, but all the action was down around the track. There are like 800 reserved tailgating spots wrapped around the outside of the turf track. The theme of this year's race was "Colts, Kilts, and Celts" honoring the horses, the Irish and the Scottish. There were an awful lot of men walking around in skirts... Some actually looked mighty fine!

I received a call last night at about 11:30. I was asleep but kinda watching the news, was tired, and had a little sunburn... The caller ID on the phone said "Hollybriar House" so I assumed the worse and immediately thought something had happened to one of the kids or my wife. It was, in fact, my wife. She just wanted to call and tell me she was watching the Ten Commandments and was thinking about me and how we used to watch it together. I did not expect her to be so pleasant. She has not been very nice these past six months. It was refreshing to hear her old voice again, the one that was not filled with hate and spite. It reminded me of all the reasons I love her, and always will...

Today is the Easter Parade on Monument Avenue... I am looking forward to see that for the first time... I hear it can be quite entertaining... More about that later.
Enjoy your Holiday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are soooo shallow...makes me want to go wadding....

DEREK said...

sounds like fun

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: