Pages

April 17, 2006

Easter on Parade... On Richmond Virginia's historic Monument Avenue is a sight to behold. I made the mistake of asking someone "Where do all these people go when the parade starts?" The Monument Avenue resident replied "Honey... what are you talking about? The people ARE the parade"...

The day was glorious, sunny but not too hot, just enough new foliage on the trees to filter the warm spring sun, and the Dogwoods were in full bloom everywhere. I have never seen anything quite like this before. There were people dressed to the nines, and there were hundreds of dogs with and without their Easter bonnets... The homes along the avenue were all bustling with their owners preparing the Easter feasts and parade parties. Wow!!!
I can't believe I have been in Richmond for over six years and had never been to this event... Don't miss out if you are like me. Do it next year, you won't regret it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: