Pages

May 31, 2006

101 degrees in the the shade at St. Christopher's School yesterday according to the Richmond Arby's Weathernet and my Weatherbug. Too hot to ride with the convertible top down or to cut the front lawn.

Today should be better and we had a brief rain this morning...

Many things happening in the River City in the transition from Spring to Summer. The recreation centers are all opening their pools - I will miss mine this year - and the bravest souls have already ventured down to Pony Pasture to lay out on the warm rock islands in the chilly James River. The Innsbrook After Hours concerts have started, as have Friday's at Sunset and other summertime outdoor social events. Always nice to have the options.

As for me... Well... I am dating a couple of nice guys. Very different men, but each very desirable in his own way. One makes me think a lot - yeah I talked about him in a previous post - the other is very physically active and encourages me to do the same, which I like. I spend a lot of time reading and taking advantage of the sun - I just need to turn over more often so I get an even tan - it makes me feel so good after the winter's grey... My daughter came by the other day to show me some of her prom pictures. I am glad she has decided to spend at least some time with her "messed up" Old Man.

I am totally hooked on "28 Barbary Lane" and have almost finished the third book in the "Tales from the City" series. I can hardly wait to start the next one...

That's all from Richmond VA and my perspective...
Over and "Out"...

1 comment:

john said...

I have seen the movie of "Tales From the City". Maybe it was the actors, but I didn't like it. However, I have always believed that books are so much better than film.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: