Pages

September 16, 2008

Hampton Roads gets GAY

If I haven't told you, I've decided to get involved with the local GLBT community down here in Hampton Roads (Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, and Chesapeake) area, also known as the Tidewater of Virginia.

There is a new Community Center being planned called the HROC (Hampton Roads OUTReach Center). It's still in it's infancy, but it is such a great idea and it's being organized by some very smart and caring people. I went to one of the general meetings last night and was very impressed by the caliber of family behind this effort. I think I have found my "cause" and plan on helping in any way I can...


Make sure to visit the new website thehroc.org, and if you happen to live down this way, take the survey and join us at the rescheduled HR Pride event "Out in the Park", Sunday, October 19, 2008, at Chesapeake City Park on Greenbrier Parkway...



Over and "Out" for today, from Chesapeake, VA

1 comment:

manxxman said...

Tom,

Brilliant idea. Get yourself involved in a good cause and fill up your spare time. I look forward to your blogs about HROC.

By the way what a great logo.

Mark

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: