Pages

November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day 2008

I was re-reading some of my older posts the other day, and found a piece that summed up my feelings this Thanksgiving Day. While the names have changed (as have the circumstances of my current life) I thought it worth editing a little and re-posting today.

Life in Chesapeake has been good. I can't believe it's been six months since my exodus from country life in Toano. My work here and the volunteer things I do on the side keeps me out of trouble. My new friends here and my work family make all things that transpired this past year more palatable...

My children, two in Miami (30 and 28) and two in Richmond (22 and 20), are my legacy. They are each challenging in their own way. Some talk to me regularly, some don't. I am thankful that they are mine, and hope that they all know how much I love them...

My Mother and two brothers (and their respective families) who I don't speak to enough, are always in my thoughts. My Mom is my inspiration and more than likely is where I got my optimism from. Thanks Mom, I love you! Thank you Skip and Pat, I know you have had to deal with alot from your older brother these past years, I love you guys, your wives, and my nieces and nephew...

To my new found Pop and his family in the land down under, I am glad you came to visit, I am glad you have someone special in your life, and I am extremely glad to know you!

To my blogging and HROC friends: You all have made my journey this past year so enlightening. It is so nice to know that complete strangers can connect and impact the lives of each other in such a positive way sometimes... What a lucky man I am to know all of you! Thank you for your input, your comments and your support of "My New Life" and me personally...

You know I am not much into the "prayer" thing, but I do send my best wishes and thanks. This video kind of says part of how I feel towards you all (Celtic Woman's The Prayer):




There are many others in my life that have supported me and continued to care for me through all my ups and downs. To all of you: Thank You!

I will be thinking and thanking everyone for a wonderful year and life, as I spend this Thanksgiving Day...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Over and "Out" from Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

3 comments:

Rick Bettencourt said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Hope it's tasteful!

Unknown said...

Hope you have a wonderful day... happy turkey day!

manxxman said...

Just back from Turkey Day in New Jersey with Geoff's son and his soon to be new in-laws.

I hope you had a wonderful day..

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: