Pages

May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo




Portsmouth Ramblings:

It's so hard to believe that it is already May... This year seems to be flying by.

This past weekend was grand. Michael's son came down Saturday and we took the ferry from downtown Portsmouth over to downtown Norfolk. One of the Royal Caribbean cruise ships was in port at the new cruise terminal, so we had lunch at Joe's, walked along the water, and over to Nauticus (a naval/marine based museum with the USS Wisconsin as a centerpiece)...

Sunday we hung around in the morning then headed over to the Children's Museum of VA, in "olde town" Portsmouth. It's been years since I have been to a children's museum. There were all sorts of things to play with (even for us grown ups).

I bought a new digital camera last week and will try to figure it out so that I can post a few more pictures in here. Maybe even sometime this year...

Otherwise things are great here in the Commonwealth. I am happy to see the tree pollen go away and equally as happy to have leaves on all the trees again. Michael has planted a garden in the back yard with tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, carrots, radishes, and the like. My herb garden is flourishing and Michael has fallen in love with my parsley potatoes made with fresh parsley.

Over and "Out" on the fifth of May, from Portsmouth, VA

3 comments:

manxxman said...

I'm sure the cook of those parsley potatoes had something to do with that "love" part.

maddog said...

Yes it is hard to believe that it's already May. And I'm looking at my schedule thinking it will be June before you know it.

Sounds like life in the Commonwealth is going well. Good for you.

Thomas said...

I'm behind on blog reading and bloggerizing due to being sucked into Vampire Wars on Facebook.

That's all well and good. But did you celebrate the one true religion the day before?

May the 4th be with you.
*think about it*


shelect - when a gay man activates his x-gene in order to make a designer decision/selection.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: