Pages

July 29, 2010

Finding a "Happy Place"...


Finding a "Happy Place" seems to be more and more difficult these days...  Michael makes me happy, work makes me happy, my friends at work and home make me happy, my blogging friends make me happy, my family makes me happy, and so on... and so on...  Why is it that I have no "Happy Place" to take refuge in?

Things at work right now are still up in the air...  I have experienced many anxiety attacks over the past few days for some reasons that are obvious and for others less conspicuous...  I dream every night about things in my past. Dreams that have no bearing on anything happening in my life right now.  They are vivid and I remember most of them.  They are intense enough that I have hit, kicked, and spoken to Michael in the middle of the night without due cause...

I feel more like Nemo and Dora in the photo above, than the starfish in the tank looking for that "Happy Place"... 

I know this will pass, I know I have a great partner, friends, and family...  I'm guessing I have inherited the family gene that makes us prone to depression...  My happy place might be making other people feel miserable while I try to locate it...

Sorry Michael, and yes I still love you, and am in love with you!

Over, "Out", and searching for my happy place, in Portsmouth, VA

1 comment:

the cajun said...

Look inside, your happy place is within you. Not some external room with a door and windows, it's created by, and for, you.

Once there, you will radiate the happy, the calm, you feel to those around you.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: