Pages

August 22, 2010

Finally...

I received the software I ordered through Amazon, and finally need only one laptop to accomplish all of my daily tasks.  I ordered Microsoft Money Plus and the newer Microsoft Office 2007 so that I could continue to track our finances (Money) and get my email through Outlook (Office).  Both programs I had installed on my old laptop, but did not have the disks for (online downloads are great if you are using the same computer) I will always pay the extra to get the disks in the future...

Only glitch so far is that Naptser to go is not available on Windows 7 yet, so to sync our MP3 players, we have to fire up one one the old laptops...   Not that big a deal though...

Otherwise life in VA is good, my boss comes back tomorrow from almost 3 weeks out of the store, time-away, seminars, conferences, and vacation, she has not been there for most of the month of August...  All with a new Sales Manager in place that has had little to no training...  I hope the indoctrination by fire (ie: training) he has received hasn't scared him off yet...

Now to the personal stuff...  I have reconnected with my cousins from my Mom's side of the family.  We are going to try to get together for a mini-family reunion of sorts in late October or early November.  Michael and I are going to try to get down to Florida to visit the kids and meet my grandson, in late September.  My daughter Savannah, in Richmond, wants me to come up for a weekend in September (maybe my birthday weekend) which I know we will both enjoy...  

So many things planned, now to make them all work!

Over and "Out" from my first Sunday off since the last one, here in Portsmouth, VA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do know you can download both Microsoft Money Plus and Office 2007, right?

Granted MS's locker system is a little counter intuitive but it can be done.

My copy of Office 2007 didn't cost a dime. I was doing work for a client and I needed to have Office 2007 for some of the work. They bought the license for me. Nice huh?

Money Plus I did pay for.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: