Pages

January 16, 2011

Sunday Brunch at Nations

Almost five years ago I posted (often) about a great club in Richmond called Z2... After some time and the passing of one of it's owners, Z2 closed it doors ending the short life of another Richmond Gay Club... Fast forward a year or two and the same building reopens as Nations.  While Z2 was (to me) a great neighborhood bar and a definite stop on the the gay boy's Friday and Saturday night schedule, Nations opened with some panache and was redecorated by it's (also) gay owners that have a great sense of style. Michael and I have been there 3-4 times in our two years together and each time there is a more upscale ambiance and as always the bathrooms are clean (side note: why are are the bathrooms in gay/lesbian clubs always so nasty?).

I'm not sure I would have ever invited my daughter to Z2 for any function, but today we had a great outing at Nations Sunday Brunch. Yesterday Michael and I realized we would be up in Richmond today to take Michael's son to a friend's house. The text then went out to my daughter to join us for brunch, after choosing Nations I messaged Kelly over at Rambling along in life... to see if he wanted to join us (his husband is out of town and I thought he might like the distraction)...


This is my daughter and me

I text'd Kelly after we got home to let him know we were safe, he said he really enjoyed my "girl". We will have to drag her out again when Kelly's husband is home... She is quite vocal and "sassy" (which was also her nickname when she was younger)...


This is Kelly and me (we likes our blogging friends)

After a slight problem with the biscuits in the biscuits and gravy (which was promply resolved) the meal, accompanying beverages of choice, and great conversation went like a well laid plan (albeit unplanned).  Anyone considering Nations as a potential "pit stop" in Richmond should check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Getting ready for the Golden Globes and snuggling with my man...

Over and "Out" from Portsmouth, VA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to introduce me to Nations next time you get up here with some time on your hands!

Peace <3
Jay

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: