Pages

February 15, 2011

Ring Around the Rosie...

"Ring a Ring o' Roses" or "Ring Around the Rosie" is a nursery rhyme or folksong and playground singing game. It first appeared in print in 1881; but it is reported that a version was already being sung to the current tune in the 1790s.

But that's not the reason for this post (although it was the first thing that came into my mind when I saw this), I just got in from the front porch and this is what the moon looked like:


I remember as a youth (yes, I was young once) at camp-outs with the Boy Scouts, that this meant there might be snow. But I have been corrected (after a short google search) that: "The ring around the Moon is caused by the refraction of Moonlight (which of course is reflected sunlight) from ice crystals in the upper atmosphere"...

No snow tonight!

Over and "Out" from Portsmouth, VA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: