Pages

April 27, 2011

Four of My Favorite Divas...


While watching American Idol tonight, Scotty came up with a rendition of  "You've Got a Friend" by Carole King. I had to prove to Michael that it was not Janice Joplin that performed the original. I found this cool video of Carole King, Celine Dion, Gloria Estefan, and Shania Twain singing the same song back in a 1998 live performance:


I also "Wickipedia'd" the song and proved to him that Carole King (wrote and first performed the song) and James Taylor re-recorded it almost 2 years after Joplin's death.

I actually loved Scotty's performance, but these four are now on my favorite "playlist"...

Over and "Out" from a nostalgic Portsmouth, VA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Scotty's performance tonight. I love Scotty (no, not that way!).

Seems like a petty spat! But I'm glad YOU won! HAHAHAHA! Michael will hate me now. But I remember the James Taylor version for sure.

Great post! Loved the video!
Peace <3
Jay

the cajun said...

YouTube is a gold mine for this sort of trivia. It's also the bane of politicians who flip flop on issues and insist they didn't. Cough up the video and watch them squirm. Gotta love it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: