Pages

January 11, 2012

On Marriage and Divorce...



One again I stood up and gave the ladies of the "View" (all of them including Elisabeth) an ovation of my own, after I saw this yesterday...

Marriage is Marriage, there is no law that says it has to be "performed" in a church or in any religious ceremony. I agree with the statement that divorce should be much higher on the priority list of what struggles any church or family has to contend with... I say "Give all Humans the right to marry whatever other Human they want to, but make divorce more difficult"...

Kicking my little soapbox back into the closet...

Over and "Out" from Portsmouth, VA USA 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was rather stunned to hear Elisabeth say what she did.

More interesting, she was raised Catholic and she kind of hedged on even calling herself a Christian.

Me, I chose a different path. No time for believe in the supernatural.

Murr Brewster said...

People seem to get so worked up about calling something "marriage." If it's such a sacred word, why is the state involved in it? Put out a nice civil union open to all comers with all attendant rights, and if people feel a need to have a church stamp on it, that's their business. Ah well, it will all go our way soon enough.

Quickie Divorce said...

But making divorce more difficult won't save marriages, once a couple have decided to divorce, they'll divorce it's that simple.

Even if the process is made more complicated and they can afford or satisfy the legal requirements for divorce, then the couple will just separate resulting in more broken homes. Making divorce more difficult will be nothing more than a false economy.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: