Pages

March 20, 2006

Club Z2, in Richmond
can be a bustling, busy, meat market on the weekend, but on Sunday nights it is like a neighborhood bar and hangout (albeit gay). I called a friend after I got home from work at 7pm, to see if he wanted to go shoot some pool. This friend and I have been seeing alot of each other and I know I care for him... He cares for me too, I know... Probably too much sometimes. I guess I am lucky.
We had a quiet evening with one glitch. About 9pm a good looking young man (who had apparently been drinking) came into the bar and wanted to know if he could play some pool. I suggested he put his name (Chris) on the board and he could play the winner. Chris obviously took care of himself, as after I lost to my friend, I could not keep my eyes off him as he played. I later tried to drum up a simple conversation with Chris to found out he was in his 40's and not as young as I though he was. He played a couple of games, and before leaving I asked if he was ok to drive, he said he was... I asked a second time after he fetched his coat, again he said he was ok to drive. I was not offering him a ride to do anything but ensure he made it home safely... Under other circumstances I may have had ulterior motives, but I don't take advantage of alcoholically impaired people...
The encounter with Chris reminded me that I am not ready for a serious relationship. I like to flirt, and I like to look... I promise anyone I go out with one thing... If I came with you, I will leave with you... For now that's all I can handle.
Be Impeccable with Your Word...
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using your word (verbal or written) to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love. The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very enlightening. Yep, the candy store.

Ridor said...

I love to watch, flirt and hit on gay men. But actually to go with them? I refrain from that. Why? I don't trust hearing men. That is sad fact, is it?

R-

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

ps... update July 2010... Z2 no longer exists (with Johnny and Buster). However, the same address is now known as "Nations" and is equally friendly!

Love to all...

Tom

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: