Pages

March 8, 2006

I have missed a few days and I will try to make up.

On Friday, my Mom called from Florida to tell me her husband (my Stepfather) had passed away. She advised my brothers and me that there was not going to be any service and there was really no need for any of us to travel down. She and the stepbrothers were handing the cremation and scattering of ashes, and she just wanted to be alone.

On Saturday morning I decided that was poppy-cock, whether or not she thought she needed it I was coming down....

Firstly, because she's MY Mom, and I think I know her pretty well, and she is not an "Alone" type of person. Secondly, because she is MY Mom, and I hadn't seen her in over a year, and I just needed my Mommy.....

I know these reasons may sound selfish to some, but as things turned out, I think we helped each other alot.

Florida stories to follow on subsequent days...

Til next, we meet.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: