Pages

August 18, 2006

Did you know? Queer GAY facts...

Ok, after my gut wrenching drama yesterday - at least to me - I've decided to follow a friend's format and do something different (thanks Kelly http://kellystern.blogspot.com) every now and then. I encourage all to leave some "Queer GAY Facts" after reading mine, in my comments.

Here we go!

DID YOU KNOW?

The gay pride flag, which made it's debut at the 1978 San Francisco Gay and Lesbian Freedom Day Parade, was designed by Gilbert Baker. It's inspiration came from the black civil rights and hippie movements.

Each color on the gay pride flag (also known as the rainbow flag) has a different meaning. Test your knowledge below.



RED = Life
ORANGE = Healing
YELLOW = Sun

GREEN = Nature
ROYAL BLUE = Harmony
VIOLET = Spirit

Adding a black stripe to the bottom of the flag represents victory over AIDS. It can also signify leather daddy pride.

How did you do?

Now it's your turn. Let's see what you know about your heritage...

Over and "Out" from Williamsburg (today)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: