Pages

August 22, 2006

One World Youth Project

The youth of today never ceases to amaze me. I was online this morning looking at one of the Ambassador's entries on my Niece's website: http://www.oneworldyouthproject.org/aidsday.html and was enlightened to see what today's young adults are capable of. Although the event was in May, I was in awe of the insightfulness of these young people. I hope the AIDS awareness event went well for them and other adults (politicians and government officials especially) were as taken aback as I was.
AWARENESS ALWAYS LEADS TO A CURE!
HIV/AIDS (awareness) and my other pet peeve BREAST CANCER (awareness), will always be on a front burner for my energies...
AWARENESS ALWAYS LEADS TO A CURE!
Acceptance (not just tolerance) of GLBT equality is another topic that is close to me. Unacceptance is not a social or moral issue, it's a disease of those who are afflicted by it...
AWARENESS ALWAYS LEADS TO A CURE!
All are issues that can not be ignored any longer. All (or at least one) that each of us should have some interest in. Whether it be by donating our time, our professional skills, or our monetary resources, we need to think about some aspect, one or more, of these ailments as a part of our lives...
Ok, enough said, I got that off of my chest early today...
Otherwise, "My New Life" is going quite well. I am getting ready for my move to Williamsburg, and already am expecting guests. My brother and family, from Cape Cod, are planning a visit next week after they deliver my niece back to her dorm at Georgetown. I haven't seen them in over a year and it will be nice to catch up in person. Then, JD's parents are coming for the Labor Day weekend. I have not met them yet, and look forward to that as well (although I do have a small knot in my stomach, as I have not had to endure a "meet my folks" event in a number of years). These and my move are keeping me very busy, which is a good thing!
Over and "Out" once again from Williamsburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: