Pages

September 25, 2006

Down on his knees

Jim and I got home from a fantastic dinner last night at a neighbor's house, and he seemed a little "odd". I couldn't put my finger on what it was that was different or out of sync until I joined him as he had a cigarette on the deck off our master bedroom... I sat in a chair next to him as we started to talk some, he finished his smoke and come over to me and got down on his knees and started to hug me and put his head on my filled tummy. He was obviously struggling for words, which he does not do often, and said something like: "You still haven't gotten your last birthday present". My mind went a-wondering and ended up in the gutter (as usual). I mean make a mental picture for yourself, two gay guys, in love, both decent looking, one in a chair and the other on his knees... Didn't take me long to think I had this prelude all figured out... Or did I?
I worked my hand down lower, and Jim said "What are you doing"? I said I thought I knew what my final birthday present was, and why didn't we go get comfy rather that get rug burned on the deck. As I said that he reached into his pocket and pulled out a little white jewelry box... This is getting interesting I thought, as he said that we had not shared with each other anything to signify our commitment to each other. He opened the box and showed me a beautiful white gold and diamond ring, and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him...
OH MY GAY GOD!!!
I was so overwhelmed I had no words (a total oddity for those that know me well). We hugged, kissed and played with each others' rings until falling to sleep in the others' arms.
LIFE IS GOOD!!!
More to come... Over and "Out" for now from Toano, VA

1 comment:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! That is sooo awesome... Best Wishes...

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: