Pages

May 27, 2010

Eight days and Counting...

Michael and I are taking our first vacation together (alone) after nearly 2 years together. In just eight days, we are driving up the DelMarVa in the new FORD Fusion, (the Eastern Shore to us Virginians) to connect back up with I-95 somewhere in Delaware or New Jersey, or maybe Pennsylvania (way after all the traffic in DC and Baltimore)... Who knows where the Garman will take us... Anyway the ultimate destination is Cape Cod, visiting my brother and his wife again, and cruising up the dune covered coast to Provincetown, MA... Michael has never been, and unlike our Key West jaunt, it will be just he and I. We have reservations at the Boatslip for a couple of nights while we are up that way, but I may also suggest a detour and head over to Rehoboth Beach, in Delaware, depending on how we are feeling at the beginning of the journey (I have never been to Rehoboth, but have heard alot about it)... and we may not make it there this trip either... It's kinda a drive as we go trip, other than our definite stops at my brother/sister-in-law's and P-Town, we have no other critical destinations...

Who remembers the "pina colada" song? "The Dunes on the Cape"? They are so beautiful and just minutes before you hit the outskirts of P-Town driving up Cape...

Ok, I am cooking and Michael seems to think this may be one of those dishes we commonly called "Interesting" when describing my Mom's latest concoction as growing up.... More to come as the trip unveils itself....

Over and "Out" from a Thursday night, in Portsmouth, VA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your Comments, I love them all: